Present from Ernie

Denny Eller

When you get my age you don't get much in the way of presents. It is my job (and rightfully so) to give presents - to the kids, grandkids and great-grandkids. Imagine my glee when the postman dropped off a package for me from Mr. Ernie Swanson. It was the loot from Ernie's giveaway that I won. The box was filled with all kinds of exotic wood scales and blocks, some 1080 and some 5160 (both of which I haven't worked with but always wanted to) and some pinstock and spacer material. Yippee! I feel like a kid at Christmas! Ernie, I can't thank you enough for all the goodies, my friend. It is as if you picked out all the things I didn't have and wanted. God Bless, Ernie, may health and happiness accompany you throughout life. Denny

lol,I can almost hear that big ol' smile all the way up here,Denton!
Good things go to Good people brother,
and I can't wait to see what you do with those things.
Have fun!:D

Thanks, Ironwolf, you sure were right about the big smile. I still had one 4 hours later. I guess I have boored my wife and daughters to death showing what I got but I don't think they really know what it means to a guy like me. I was happier than a kid in a candy shop. I got it at 9 this morning and every 5 minutes I pick up a block or set of scales and envision what they will become. Now I have to fool with some steel to use them. Denny

Hahah, I never thought of the shoe comparison but that might work :D Glad you're enjoying your win, Denton, and glad the prize went to a good guy like yourself. Thanks again Ernie for the chance!

Back