Well I got the The OK from my wife

A.W.Stovall

:DTo go ahead and buy a heat treat oven, Wish I had more money but I am looking at the sugar creek kiln, It will probably do fine for what I need. any comment or anyone wanna sell an oven?

Anthony,

You know we live right down the road from Paragon right? They are on Towneast Blvd in Mesquite.

You can buy from Paragon directly and avoid all the markups. If you are going to buy new from a distributor you may get a Paragon at a comparable price by picking it up from the factory yourself.

I was there a few weeks ago and asked about direct buying.

Do it and don't look back. You may never have the chance again.
I just had a Sugar Creek delivered this past week and having the electrician in this Wednesday. I couldn't stand the hemmin and hawing anymore. Now I can procrastinate about buying another expensive tool.

Rudy

Jerry,
I have the same model.
The packing was pretty extreme...well done. After eyeballing it for a few minutes...I made 4 cuts in the foam with a large bread knife and the kiln slid right up and out. Good thing the foam was applied after the plastic wrap. I'll have it fired up Wednesday after we run 45 feet of wire and tie into the panel. Now I can experiment with stainless blades.

Rudy

Anthony,

You know we live right down the road from Paragon right? They are on Towneast Blvd in Mesquite.

You can buy from Paragon directly and avoid all the markups. If you are going to buy new from a distributor you may get a Paragon at a comparable price by picking it up from the factory yourself.

I was there a few weeks ago and asked about direct buying.

Thanks for that info Bob. I was thinking about ordering one from a distributor. What did they say about buying direct?

Marvin,

I talked to a very nice lady named Teri. Teri said that they do not have a "Store" because they would be directly competing with their distributors. However they do take orders for ovens.

If you call Teri she can quote you the price and you just go pick it up when it is complete. She is a Customer Service Manager and her email is trice@Paragonweb.com, phone is 972-288-7557 Ext.223. She probably won't remember me, she was pretty busy.

If you want to drop by (call her first) the address is 2011 South Town East Blvd in Mesquite (just west of HWY 80 on Town east).

I toured their facility about 10 years ago and when I went back it was at lunch time and there was nobody around that could walk me through again. If you ask ahead of time they may let you tour the place.

I BOUGHT THE SUGAR CREEK LARGE KILN MYSELF VERY NICE,I ORDERED A FEW EXTRAS FOR AROUND 100 BUCKS TO CONTROL RAMP AND SOAK TIMES,GREAT PRICE AWSOME OVEN

Anthony,

Yes, I am missing a few items that somehow got lost but when I find them I will be building one. I REALLY want to build one soon.

OK, what did you guys decide on? I'm in the same boat and need to get off of the fence!!!

Mike

Back