9mm vs hard drive

C

CShepherd

My wife works for an accountant and he knows that I like to shoot. So, the other day she brings home an external hard drive that had gone bad with instructions to "destroy it." 2thumbs

So skip ahead to Sunday evening and I'm outside grilling chicken and shooting my Ruger MkII (it's the 4th so my type of fireworks) and decided to do some destroying. I put 10 rounds of 22lr into it and not a one exited. I was a bit surprised.

After dinner I grabbed the Glock 19 and tried that. 4 rounds, square into the side and again, not a single round exited. I think I'm going to start carrying an external hard drive with me, square in the center of my chest. ;)

Harddrivefrontsmall.jpg

Harddrivebulletssmall.jpg

Here are two recovered rounds.

harddrivesidesmall-1.jpg

The 9 did quite a bit of damage but by George there's some pretty tough stuff in those drives.

Anyway, just wanted to share my weekend fun.

Hope everyone had a great 4th.

Charlie

I thought I heard a glock going off instead of the normal fireworks, hope you had a great fourth. BTW: Tear open that drive and salvage the rare earth magnets. So strong, they are hard to pry off a piece of flat steel with your fingers.
Jim

Gee, Charlie, maybe that's why they named it "hard" drive. I always wondered. Denny

Last edited:
If 15 years of Law Enforcement taught me anything useful.. It was to throw away them 9's and carry a .45 with Black Talons.... oops!!! Excuse me... I meant to say, "RANGERS" !!!! :) :)

Back