I'm back and grinding

JAWilliams

KNIFEMAKER
Hello everyone!!! Been a while since I have posted or been on KD. So lets start at the beginning. Back in May I had to change medications. Boy that was ruff!!! I had some very bad side effects. Bad enough I call Tracy and told him I would be off the forum for a while. And bad enough that my job sent me home a couple of times. Well we got that straightened out. Then my dad had to have emergancy neck surgury. What was to take 1 1/2 hours turned into 4 1/2 hours. The doctor told us after the surgury that he was a week to a month from being in a wheel chair the rest of his life. Then we had to check him into a rehab center for rehabilitation. It took 21 day before he could stand and walk 200 feet. During this my gateway for dsl went out. Call the phone company and ordered a new one. Two weeks later I called them because I hadn't recieved it and found out they sent it to the wrong address. So they sent out a new one for free. Then Katie came down with an allergy reaction to something and was out for a week. Then I strained my back. So it has been a ruff time but I am back and grinding. I have two KITHS to complete and a build off. So here goes with the pics.

OK now I didn't get pics of me grinding (hard to do) but did get some in my one brick forge.

S3600007.jpg

Heating up and getting ready.
S3600008.jpg

second knife
S3600010-1.jpg

More pics to follow. Right now they are in the oven.

Good to have you back brother. That's a great looking tang. What does the blade look like?

Glad you've overcome your trials brother,
Good Smoke rollin' to you and yours,
for Health and Peace.
DSCN5499.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Murph and Allen I will get more pics today. I have to do some modification on my one brick forge. It isn't deep enough for one of the blades so I have to drill it out.

OK first pic is the reason I had to modify my one brick forge. It was shallow, so I drilled it out.
PICT0001.jpg

Well it worked and here it is fired up!
PICT0002-1.jpg

And here is what I am working on.
PICT0007-1.jpg

PICT0006-1.jpg

More to come.

Back