Build a Belt Grinder Workshop in Tennessee

Wayne Coe

Forum Owner - Moderator
I am planning to host a “Build a Belt Grinder Workshop” at my place, possibly in October. My shop is about 70 miles North West of Knoxville and 30 miles north of Crossville and I-40.

October in this area is usually still warm and a nice time for camping. I have ample camping area here if you would like to camp. In case of bad weather my shop will be available as well as the day light basement of my home, which has full bath facilities in the “safe room”. The shop also has a bath room but with no bathing facilities. The shop has a refrigerator, oven, microwave and coffee maker. I will have a grill and propane camp stove available.

There is a motel about 15 miles away and several B&Bs within about 10. It is also about 15 miles to the nearest restaurant or fast food place. Attendees will probably want to bring some food to prepare.

Check out my thread in the “For Sale Forum” Build a Belt Grinder for information about the grinder. I am working on becoming a distributor for VFDs and if I am able to get this set up I expect that I will be able to offer that as an option to the “adjustable speed” with step pulleys. Grinders are available with either 1.5 or 2 hp motors.

Please call or e-mail me with questions or to express interest in this or some other workshop.
If you have an interest in hosting a workshop in your area contact me so that we can work on that. Persons who host a workshop get $200.00 off of the cost of his grinder.

Attachments

• Build a Belt Grinder Brochure.pdf
    126.5 KB · Views: 53
This is one of the things I love about Knife Folks...
with all the different "artistic" communities I've had involvement with,
I've never seen this kind of hospitality.
2thumbs
I won't be able to make it this year Wayne,but save me a place at the bench
for next year?
(I'll bring an extra nice prime rib steak with your name on it!:D)

I am worrying that folks who would like to attend this workshop are planning to wait until September to make arrangements to attend.
It takes me quite a bit of time to get everything together and to do all of the parts manufacture. I can't afford to start putting together the parts for the grinders without a commitment.
If you would like to attend this workshop you need to start making plans now. At least express your interest and what dates you would prefer.

Wayne, I hope to be there - any time in October. As I have mentioned before, it all depends on what the VA has planned for me and when they finally resolve my claim. I will do everything in my power to give you a firm committment and deposit ASAP.

Back