Seems to be a real sleeper

Gossman Knives

The wharncliffe blade on a fixed blade that is. You see them alot on folders but not as much on fixed blades. I'm sure there are fixed blades out there, it just seems they aren't talked about much. I recently made one as a work knife and I love it.

Picture277.jpg

Nice knife. :cool:

It's a really practical blade - for some things. For the uses I put a knife to, it's very good. I cut open a lot of boxes, cut a lot of rope and wire, and open many bags of stuff. Yard stuff mostly, but pet food bags and all kinds of things. This is really a good blade shape for most urban uses, and that's possibly why they're so prevalent on slippies. Not so useful for traditional field applications though, which is probably why we don't see many of them on fixed blades.

That's what I think anyway. ;)

I like that shape blade on a fixed blades. I think makes for a very handy knife.

Very nice. I could see myself using that a lot around camp. From cutting potatoes to carving tent pegs.

Wharncliffe does it all that I put it up to. I have three in my rotation two fixed and a folder
need more...

Great looking knife, love that scale material. Now I have to go build myself one.:bud:

You've seen this one Scott. My old one wore out, so I had to make a new one.
IMG_0711.jpg

I use mine constantly. When harvesting for farm market it gets used especially on peppers,squash and melons. When I worked at the Penn State farm, I made about 10 of them, we called it the "farm knife". Seed bags, rope/twine/boxes/drip line etc...did all those really well; not to mention harvesting/pruning grapes(I worked in vitaculture). Makes a good squirrel/bird/trout knife and guts out a deer for fun. That's why I wear them out:)

Last edited:
Back