Got a job (!), moving to Houston

Travis Fry

Any of you folks in that neck of the woods? I'll probably live in Katy or Cypress or somewhere out that way, and would love to connect with other local makers. I should be headed down there in late August.

I have an older brother in Pearland. He's not much of a knife buff, but is an avid hunter and target shooter. If you like to shoot, I'm sure he could introduce you to some of the guys in the local shooting clubs.

HABA is an active Blacksmithing group (www.habairon.org). Check 'em out and have some fun while learning. Dave Koenig is active there and is a very good friend. Tell him I sent you.

hey there im in the tomball area and other knife makers are in the cypress/ waller area (just up 290 from cypress) i am sure you will be welcomed

hey there im in the tomball area and other knife makers are in the cypress/ waller area (just up 290 from cypress) i am sure you will be welcomed

I spent a year in Houston in 1988.I attended school at UTI
I remember an instructor I had that lived in Tomball.
I worked at Goodson Pontiac,and lived in some apartments
on Greens road,:eek:which was a terrible place back then.
Good luck,with your new Job.

God bless,Keith

Thanks fellas. I've hardly ever even been to Houston, so I don't really know what to expect. I do know that the job is with a great company (Marathon Oil) and that I'll get to spend more time in the shop than I do now when I'm in grad school. I may even get to upgrade!
Stan, I'd love to come see you whenever I get settled.

Travis,

I'm in the College Station area in fact, I'm just a couple of miles from your cousin Steven. Steven and I work together at the pd. He showed me your website and Jason's. Holler if you get up this way.

Back