Flat grinders Bubble Jig with something to grind on. July

Fred Rowe

We are running a promotional giveaway contest on KnifeDogs this month.
The lucky winner of the contest will receive a complete Bubble Jig grinding system package along with a nice blade blank that was forged by my good friend Burton Harruff of Burton Cutlery. http://www.burtoncutlery.com/about.htm

This forged blade was made from 1 1/2" square W2. The distal taper has been forged in and the forging scale removed. The blade will come annealed.

Whether you have been grinding blades for years or are just starting out I invite you to take part in this contest.
People with years of grinding experience tell me they have cut their grinding time in half using this grinding aid.
People who are just starting out can learn to do beautiful flat grinds in days instead of years.
You can find demonstration videos here: http://bubblejig.com

Pick a number from 1 to 1000 the closest person to the number chosen by a random number generator will be the winner.

If there are two people that are equal distant to the number picked will have a draw off to see who takes the prize.

Numbers chosen list will be posted daily AM on the last page of the thread.

Thank you Tracy for making a great knife forum available to us.

Good luck all, Fred

PS The contest will end July 12 at 8:00PM.

DSC00694_001.JPG

Last edited:
2thumbsI'll take #500. I wonder if I have two Bubble Jigs if I can grind blades twice as fast.
I had a class here last Saturday and forged a Dirk. It was my first double edged blade. With the Bubble Jig it worked just fine and I was surprised how well I was able to get all 4 grinds to form the ridge down the center. One of my students had been wanting to make one ever since he started coming here and I kept telling him that he had picked the hardest blade there was to make for his first knife. Well the Bubble Jig made it work out so well that now he doesn't believe a thing I tell him.2thumbs:beg:
Now it is my turn to win so all the rest of you Dogs don't even bother to jump in on this one. I will sure like having something from two friends that I made back the first of May. Thanks Fred and thanks Burton

2thumbsI'll take #500. I wonder if I have two Bubble Jigs if I can grind blades twice as fast.
I had a class here last Saturday and forged a Dirk. It was my first double edged blade. With the Bubble Jig it worked just fine and I was surprised how well I was able to get all 4 grinds to form the ridge down the center. One of my students had been wanting to make one ever since he started coming here and I kept telling him that he had picked the hardest blade there was to make for his first knife. Well the Bubble Jig made it work out so well that now he doesn't believe a thing I tell him.2thumbs:beg:
Now it is my turn to win so all the rest of you Dogs don't even bother to jump in on this one. I will sure like having something from two friends that I made back the first of May. Thanks Fred and thanks Burton

Wayne,

Dirks are one of my favorites. :cool:

Grinding is so much more fun with the jig; it gives you confidence you will end up with a knife and not a pile of shavings.

Glad you got first in line sir; I wish you good luck my friend.

Best regards, Fred

This is very generous of you, Fred. 2thumbs I still haven't gotten one of these the conventional way so I'll take #211 in this drawing. If I get it I'll have to go to Harbor Freight for a usable grinder. :D

Thanks,
Steve

Edit: I just took a quick browse through Burton's gallery. He makes some very pretty blades. His feather damascus almost took my breath away. If I win this one I'll have to be extra careful, maybe buy a few cheap pieces of steel for practice. I wouldn't want to disrespect Burton's steel!

Last edited:
Back