"Big Old" Bowie Knife

J. Neilson

Hello All,
Time to share, I actually finished this piece a short time ago but, was waiting for the copper liners and pins to patina up juuust right. So here's my latest work with sheath-man John Cohea. I hope you like her.
J.

bowie_big_old_ward.jpg

This Coffin Bowie knife has a multi-quenched blade of W2 high carbon steel with a hand-rubbed finish, forge marked flats and etched to reveal multiple quench lines. The handle has etched wrought iron bolsters with etched stainless steel pins. The handle scales are "weathered" Barn Oak with copper liners, framed with copper pins and secured with "worked" and etched stainless steel handle bolts. The Oak scales and wrought iron bolsters have "scalloped" corners. The tang is fully etched as well. The overall length of this piece is 13 1/4" with a 7 1/2"" cutting edge. The John Cohea sheath matches the knife handle material, with horse-hair and beads in addition to
the Barn Oak, wrought iron, copper, etc.
Price, with period sheath: $1,200.00, plus shipping.

img_4580.jpg

img_4581.jpg

img_4583.jpg

img_4588.jpg

img_4589.jpg

Visa, MasterCard, Discover are all fine as well as Paypal (Paypal only for international sales please) and your satisfaction is always guaranteed.

Back