St. Jude Childrens hospital auction knife

J S Machine

***Just wanted to update, The auction for this knife closed last night at 10pm, and the winning bid was $500!!! I told my wife that I would just be beside myself if these thing brought $200, and the fact that it brought that much money and it all goes to St. Jude just really makes my day alot better! Thanks again to Paul long for providing the sheath. 2thumbs

This is number 3 for me. The first was a folder and the second was a fixed blade. This is the 3rd and it is a fixed blade as well. It will be auctioned off on another forum I am a member of for St. Jude 2thumbs

It is 440C - my first go-round with this steel - 59Rc. The scales are hawaiin koa and it has mosaic pins and a lanyard hole. It also has vulcanized rubber spacers - which I had a little trouble with - but I think it turned out pretty good. There is some filework in the top of the handle area. I put my name in this one with a cnc. This will probably be my logo once I get an etcher going. It is 8" OA and 3.5" blade length. I think the blade is like .135" if I remember correctly.

The one question I have is how to price this knife. The guys running the auction need to know how it needs to be priced. I have no idea as I've never sold a knife..Any suggestions would be great. Feel free to pm if you do not want to post open forum cool 1

StJude10_1.jpg

StJude10_2.jpg

StJude10_3.jpg

StJude10_4.jpg

StJude10_5.jpg

Last edited:
Makers seem reluctant to price another makers knife. This one is very nice especially since its only the 3rd knife you've made so far. If you become famous someday this one will be worth a bundle of cash. You will need to put your own price to her. She's a pretty one and its for a good cause so somebody will be happy.

Unless you have a set price in mind that you absolutely must get for it, the best way is to look through the Sale forum here and look at what similar knives go for. I would also check Gunbroker.com and there will be like knifes for sale there.

Steve

Updated with pics with the new sheath that Paul Long donated. Big thanks to Paul long for providing his services 2thumbs

StJude10_6.jpg

StJude10_7.jpg

StJude10_8.jpg

StJude10_9.jpg

Back