Prayers and Smoke for Don Fogg

Ironwolf

The Knife Poet
I imagine some of you have heard,but for those who haven't,
Don Fogg has suffered a medical ailment that has taken him away from the forge...
Here's the email I got:
"Recently I have had some serious physical problems that force me to recognize that I am no longer going to maintain an active full time business. I know it isn't like I have been flooding the market these past few years, but in my heart I felt like it was still possible.

Now I am forced to accept the fact that this beautiful career has come to an end. I am grateful to all of you for your support over the years. It has been an amazing life and I feel blessed.

Of course you can never really retire from something that you love and I do intend to continue teaching, writing and making the occasional piece as time and energy permit, but in a very limited capacity. Now is time for me to regain my strength and health so I can enjoy my wife and family."
Please add your Good Thoughts and Smoke...
DSCN5503.jpg

Last edited:
From the things I have read and heard,Don is a awsome guy.
Sorry to hear this Mr.Don,although it sounds as though it
sounds as though you will still be around to share your
great knowledge.I do hope,with time, things will continue
to improve with your health.
I will keep you and the Mrs in my thoughts and prayers.

May God continue to bless you and your family.

God bless,Keith

BIG smoke from Flagstaff, while we have the woods burning over here. I hope you find contentment wherever life leads you, Don. You have been a fixture in the blademaking community for many years.

We're blessed to have had men like Mr. Fogg leading the way. My best wishes and prayers for the Fogg family.

WOW! I had no idea Don had issues.

I found his web site LONG before I found a lot of the others on the web and he has really helped me a lot through his writings and such.

Here's to you sir!

Charlie

Much smoke for Don Fogg, gentleman, artist, teacher. May you find contentment and joy in the rest of your life.

Truely sad news.
Don set the bar that I for one strive to reach over the years.
I hope he finds improved health and success in his future endeavors.

Thank you.....Don.

Rudy

If today was your last day on earth, you could be content in what you have contributed. You have made a difference; what more can you ask of a human being.
Tomorrow I will light my forge in your honor.

Fred

Prayers for you Don

I will forge all day tomorrow and think of Don Fogg and his family in my prayers while I work. You have been an inspiration to all bladesmiths.

Back