1500 Posts Giveaway!!!

Ernie Swanson

SASSY PINK LUUNCHBOX KNIFE MAKER
I finally hit 1,500 Post so I thought I would do a Giveaway!!

It is for a box of making supplies, It will contain some Metal and wood2thumbs

Just post something funny about yourself or someone you know on here:eek:

You can enter once a day.

This will go until June 26th at 9:00 pm central time.

Random.org will pick the winner!!

Congrats on 1500 Ernie!
What a great way to celebrate!!:D
So,something funny...hm.
Well,I'm pretty funny lookin',does that count?huh1:p

Congratulations on 1500. I've been to more tea party's (when my daughter was little) than most men I know. Thanks for the GAW.

nice milestone..

Some people (Les George is about it) think I am expert Karaoke singer...

FNG

Hey I'm the NG on this site! That's funny :D

Anyway thanks for the drawing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I'm the FNG on this site! That's funny :D

Anyway thanks for the drawing.

Welcome to Knife Dogs, Fairly New Guy!

Ern,

Looks like you're going to have a tough crowd here so....

...while living in the Virgin Islands, one of the groomsmen for my wedding party took the boat from Saint John to Saint Thomas to get his tux but forgot his shoes. As it was go-time and there was no "drive down to the store" option on Saint John, I took a can of gloss black spray paint and "fixed" his high top sneakers. No one else knew....but it could have been the margaritas.

It was funny at the time :eek:

BC

Last edited:
Ern, I read that you had 1,500 posts and thought, "Hell, I have that many." Then I looked and I am only a little more than 1/3rd of the way there. Well, I guess that wasn't a funny was it?

I know a guy on here that carries a pink lunchbox, does that count?

I once witnessed a barfight where the cops showed up, and one of the officers was a very attractive young woman. I told I thought her handcuffs were sexy... I thougt it was pretty funny but she apparently had heard that one before... she offered me a free ride to jail but no smooches :(

Thanks for the generosity!

Why is Maxwell House coffee only "good to the last drop?" What happens to that last drop?:confused:

I was on board a helicopter with 5 other recon marines flying to an insert site. Along with the chopper crew there were 2 guys from Life Magazine - a photographer and an interviewer. The bird sat down in a clearing with 4 foot high grass all around. I charged off the ramp of that CH-46 like John Wayne, knowing I was going to make the cover of Life. Near the ramp was a 2' rock in that 4' grass and I hit it square on. That's when I did the first complete forward flip I had ever done. I don't know if the photographer got that shot but I was sure praying hard he didn't. Thanks for doing this, Ernie.

I was on board a helicopter with 5 other recon marines flying to an insert site. Along with the chopper crew there were 2 guys from Life Magazine - a photographer and an interviewer. The bird sat down in a clearing with 4 foot high grass all around. I charged off the ramp of that CH-46 like John Wayne, knowing I was going to make the cover of Life. Near the ramp was a 2' rock in that 4' grass and I hit it square on. That's when I did the first complete forward flip I had ever done. I don't know if the photographer got that shot but I was sure praying hard he didn't. Thanks for doing this, Ernie.

That tall grass is full of surprises. He,He:D

When I was in Vietnam I found that out the hard way. We were setting up an overnight camp and while driving the stakes to my tent, I bent down and sat right on a pungi stake and stuck it about 4" in my rear. They wanted to give me a purple heart but I was so embarrassed I turned it down.

Thanks for the chance Ernie.

Larry

Going with Bennie's theme.....
Having 3 daughters and 8 grandkids, I'll bet I've eaten more &!@*% Gummy Bears and Worms than any adult I know. And continue to do so.

Thanks,
Rudy

Hey Ern,
1500 post at 1 minute per post = 25 hours in just post time since November 2009.2thumbs2thumbs2thumbs Now that is funny.:bud:cool 1

The other day I was sanding the front of some slap handles. I had them off the knife with 3 pins in them and sanded and buffed the front. Then I thought why did I make the pins so long, so I cut them off just wider than the two slabs. Well as soon as i picked up the knife I remembered they had to be long enough to go thru the tang too. Nothing do then but smile and say boy that was stupid and cut some more pins.

Doug
Jn 3:16

dog gone it you done put me on the spot and I cant come up with nothing funny now
congrats on the 1500 post just 1400 and some change and I'll be there.
Thanks for the GAW Ern

I decided to shave my mustache off once upon a time. First thing one morning I shaved half of it off. I was home all day that day. It wasn't until we were sitting down at the dinner table that my wife said, " you look different. Have you lost weight?" I had to point out the half mustache to her or she probably never would have noticed it.

I wonder who spends more time on KD than Ern. And he ain't even been that active lately. Now that is probably more strange than funny but I think that it qualifies. Denny, it is funny how people notice that something is different but don't know what but I can't imagine that she wouldn't have noticed half a mustache.

Back